10 Things You Didnâ€™t Know About CSI Creator Anthony ZuikerWith his autobiography coming out on November 22, we took a look to see how Anthony Zuiker became the powerhouse writer and creator he is today. Read on to discover 10 interesting facts about Mr. CSI. By Elizabeth Perkins
[Courtesy Harper Collins]
- Zuiker and his wife attended high school together: When they ran into each other years later, Zuiker held onto a â€śfriendship cardâ€ť that he bought for herâ€”for over a year! Thatâ€™s love!
- Zuiker had a very complicated relationship with his father, a man of many moods and professions. His fatherâ€™s suicide and aftermath plays a huge role in the book.
- Zuiker really likes college: He attended University of La Verne, Arizona State University, Mt. San Antonio College, Cal Poly Pomona, and UNLV, earning an honorary doctorate from the latter.
- Zuiker was very talented at forensics (and not the kind youâ€™re thinking): He joined his schoolâ€™s speech team, and his talents took him all the way to the national championships.
- Before they were stars: Zuiker and actor Joey Slotnick were on the same forensics team! Slotnick went on to costar in such TV series as The Single Guy, Alias, Boston Public, Nip/Tuck, and CSI (of course).
- Life as a bellhop: Zuiker worked his way up to bellhop at a Vegas hotel and had many interesting encountersâ€”including the aftermath of an animal sacrifice and a very interesting experience with Rodney Dangerfield. And no, those incidents were not related.
- Zuiker was an inventor (and not very successful): His failures included a belt with waist sizes printed by each of the holes, a prototype for a new kind of top for tins of chewing tobacco (which earned him the wrath of the US Tobacco Company), and various board games.
- Man of many jobs: One of Zuikerâ€™s first paid â€ścreativeâ€ť jobs was coming up with a better billboard for a Vegas sex shop. Also, Zuiker wasnâ€™t always in entertainment and actually worked as a broker for Merrill Lynch before being fired for an offhanded comment to a vice president.
- Sweet success: Zuiker sold his first script, a movie called The Runner, for $35,000.
- Life imitating art: When tagging along with cops and CSIs for research, Zuiker was actually responsible for finding a murder suspect hiding in a hotel room!
To learn more about Anthony Zuikerâ€™s fascinating life, pick up a copy of Mr. CSI today!
Exclusive: Where Are They Now? The Keatons Reunite, Animation Style, on Dan Vs. Look! On DVD! It’s Smallville: The Complete Series!